Thursday, February 5, 2009

Food Cures

I subscribe to Fitness Magazine's daily fit tips and I was so excited to read this morning's tip. The tip was about 10 Food Cures for Common Illnesses. Much to my husband's chagrin, I prefer treating ailments via natural methods then with chemically produced medicines...well, except during childbirth, then I welcome the epidural and praise the scientists that came up with it! Sorry, back to the food cures! Here is the quick list:
  1. Migraine headaches - Fatty fish such as trout, sardines, and herring
  2. Menstrual cramps - Flaxseed
  3. Fatigue - Quinoa
  4. Irritability - Chocolate
  5. Bad breath - Tea
  6. Stress/Anxiety - Low-fat popcorn, honey, graham crackers, whole wheat pretzels
  7. Joint pain - Berries
  8. Heartburn - Ginger
  9. Gas - Peppermint tea, fennel seeds
  10. Constipation - Apples, pears
Click here to get the entire article.

No comments:

Post a Comment