Thursday, December 31, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you, SJP!!!!! While she references working women, it really is true of all of us "normal" moms that don't have a staff to take care of everything so we can take care of ourselves. Heidi Klum walking the Victoria Secret's runway within weeks of giving birth is NOT normal! Most women are still trying to adjust to the fact that there is a new little person in their house and trying to figure out how to just get their teeth brushed and hair in a ponytail - we don't have someone to tend to the baby at night so we can get a good night's sleep, someone to take care of the baby during the day so we can workout, shower, and get ready, someone to plan and cook our meals, and someone else to take care of the daily errands - grocery shopping, bill paying, etc.
Moms, remember, it took 40 weeks for your body to change into that post-pregnancy body, give yourself at least that long to get it back. This isn't saying that you shouldn't be exercising and eating well as soon as you can, but don't get down on yourself for not looking like the latest celebrity who just had a baby 8 weeks ago. Focus on healthy choices and doing the best for you and your baby.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
The gift pack includes:
- An autographed copy of LEAN Mommy by Lisa Druxman
- Reusable Stroller Strides grocery tote
- Stroller Strides stainless steel keychain
- Punch card for 3 classes
* You’ll get one extra entry each if you:
1. Become a follower of this blog (2 entries)
2. Tweet about this giveaway, make sure to use @OzarksStrides in tweet (2 entries)
3. Blog about this giveaway, leave link in comment (5 entries)
4. Become a Fan on Stroller Strides of Springfield's new Facebook page (2 entries)
5. Post a link to this blog on your Facebook page (2 entries)
* Make sure to use a separate comment for each "entry"
* The deadline for entries is November 23rd, 2009, 11:59pm CST.
* The winner will be notified on November 24th, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
If yes, then head over to Barefoot Mommies Gift Guide and enter the giveaway for a Tike Tech Double X3 Sport.
As always when I talk about strollers, I must add my disclaimer. I have not used a Tike Tech stroller. I dearly love my BOB Revolution Stroller Strides model strollers - both the single and the duallie! The Tike Tech seems to have some similar features that I love on my BOB, though. For example, the individual canopies on the double. Those are great when you have one sleeping child and one awake. However, if you're looking to win a double jogger, get your entries in soon!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
If you have one of these strollers, please stop using it until you can get the repair part from Maclaren. Request your recall fix at www.maclaren.us/recall
Sunday, November 8, 2009
- Cover coughs & sneezes with a tissue - dispose of the tissue.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently. If soap & water are not available, use a waterless hand sanitizer.
- Stay away from sick people!
- Avoid close contact (I like this one because I am a big proponent of personal space!)
- Follow the 24 hour rule for being around others after a fever has broken.
- Touch your eyes, nose, and mouth as little as possible.
- Gargle twice daily with warm salt water.
- Clean nostrils at least once daily with warm salt water.
- Increase Vitamin C (either through foods or tablets) coupled with Zinc for absorption.
- Drink plenty of warm liquids.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
From now until the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we will have late morning outdoor Stroller Strides classes. They will be held on Tuesday and Thursday at 11:10am at the walking trail at Champion Park, 2609 S Grant Avenue. The classes, which begin tomorrow - November 5, will step up the cardio and have more focus on abs.
Classes will be held as the weather permits. As long as the temperature is above 50 degrees and there is no rain, we will have class. The website will be updated by 9am if class is canceled due to weather. Bundle up those babies in their strollers and come on out! If you have a wind shield for your stroller, you might want to put that on, too, to keep the kiddos more comfortable. Remember that in just a few months, in the dead of winter, we will think that 50 degrees is a heat wave! Keep that perspective and come out and enjoy the fall weather.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Druxman offers further tips from the Mayo Clinic to help reduce your risk of breast cancer. They include limiting alcohol, maintaining a healthy weight, and regulating fat intake.
Read the entire article by clicking here
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Bumbleride makes a great stroller and you can win one! Go to The Mommy Files blog and follow the instructions to get your entries! The contest closes on November 25.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
I just downloaded it, so I will start tracking tomorrow and will keep you updated as to how I like the app.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
(Note: All lifting was carried out in a very safe manner. There are only 3-4 steps to go up and there were 2-4 moms for each stroller. No children (or mom's backs) were in harm's way!)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
In the meantime, I am trying to raise funds in support of March of Dimes. Almost everyone in the US has benefited from March of Dimes research in some way - whether you have had a premature baby or not.
Did you know that you have benefited from the March of Dimes if you...
- have had the polio vaccine
- have had an ultrasound when pregnant
- knew to take folic acid before and during your pregnancy
Please consider donating to this important cause by clicking below.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
One of the things I like about Ryka is that the shoes are designed for women by women. They are not a men's shoe just cut down in size for a woman. I got mine at Zappos.com - check it out if you are in the market for new shoes.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
I realize that they are not really "hidden" as they are listed right on the label. However, there are items that I am not in the habit of reading the ingredients - items that are considered "one ingredient" items. I also found that certain variety of beans have high fructose corn syrup. Ugh!
So, if you are like me and don't always read every label because you think you know what is in it - be warned and start reading each and every label. Know what you are feeding your family!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Yankz! solved all of that. You fit them to your foot once & set it and from then on, you just slip your foot in & out. They are wonderful! If you haven't tried these, I would highly recommend it!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- Migraine headaches - Fatty fish such as trout, sardines, and herring
- Menstrual cramps - Flaxseed
- Fatigue - Quinoa
- Irritability - Chocolate
- Bad breath - Tea
- Stress/Anxiety - Low-fat popcorn, honey, graham crackers, whole wheat pretzels
- Joint pain - Berries
- Heartburn - Ginger
- Gas - Peppermint tea, fennel seeds
- Constipation - Apples, pears
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
The Healthy Momma Challenge supports participants while they make strides in three very important areas: mind, body, and spirit. This includes personal "Mom only" time, healthy eating, and fitness. After the close of registration, I will publish a list of participants and from that list, you will form teams of 3 people. If you are interested in participating, but need help with getting a team together - no problem! I will match unmatched participants. Teams of three people count points for making healthy choices for your mind, body, and spirit and points are submitted weekly. The three teams with the most points at the end of the six weeks will win prizes!
This is open to EVERYONE - you do not have to be a Stroller Strides member to participate. Registration is $10 and includes a t-shirt. Registrations are due Thursday, January 15 and the challenge runs from January 26 through March 8.
Get the registration by clicking here.