Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Five Myths about Stroller Strides

Myth 1: I can't go because it is during my baby's naptime. 
The Truth:  I fell prey to this when my first was a baby. I'd feed him breakfast, he'd nap, he'd wake and then it was lunch time, after I got lunch cleaned up, he'd nap again, then it was time to start dinner. I was a prisoner in my own home! Mommies need interaction. Trust me, your baby will adapt, he/she might even surprise you and take a nap in the stroller during class. Mine did!

Myth 2: I can't get a good workout at the mall. 
The Truth:  Trust me, you can! Talk to Stroller Strides moms or, better yet, come check it out yourself. Your legs and arms will burn and you'll break a sweat.

Myth 3: I'd be too embarrassed to workout at the mall. 
The Truth:  Here's the good thing - the only other people there are mall walking, so they are getting their exercise, too! We meet before the stores open. 

Myth 4: I don't know anyone there and would feel awkward. 
The Truth:  Again, the best way to see that this is not true is to come try it! It is a very welcoming group of women and I would bet you will form a special bond with them. It's not like your average fitness class, where you just come in, get your sweat on, and take off. It also provides a support group for you and an instant playgroup for your little one.

Myth 5: It's too expensive. 
The Truth:  I would venture to guess that many of you have your children in gymnastics, swimming, or something similar. The typical monthly rate for those activities in this area is about $45/month. That monthly rate is usually for a 30 minute to 1 hour class one time per week. For just $40/month you get at least 3 hours of exercise (more coming soon!), a few hours of scheduled playgroup (plus the playtime after class), and fun take-home preschool activities each week! Plus, a healthy mom modeling a healthy lifestyle to her child is priceless.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment