Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's for dinner? - Week 3

Okay, this week's recipe review is not really what's for dinner, it should be called what's for breakfast instead. The recipe I chose was Peanut Butter Pancakes from about.com:Toddlers.

I was a bit confused by the recipe as the ingredient list calls for 3 Tbs of melted butter, but the butter is not mentioned in the directions. Since I try to cut butter/oil from recipes anyway, I decided not to add it. The other modifications I made to the recipe were to use part whole wheat flour, add some oats, and add some applesauce. The recipe calls for 1 1/4 cup flour, so I used half unbleached standard flour and half whole wheat flour. I added a couple of handfuls of oats, probably about 1/3 cup. The batter was quite thick, so I added applesauce until it was the consistency that I wanted. It ended up being about 1/2 cup of applesauce.

They turned out rather well. I think I might increase the peanut butter next time, they weren't quite as peanut buttery as I would have liked. The boys liked them, too. I think they will be a great snack for on the go at Stroller Strides.

No comments:

Post a Comment