Friday, February 4, 2011

What's cookin'?

Do you find yourself at a loss for what to make for mealtime?  I know I do, often.  I thought I would share some of my go-to sites that provide healthy recipes.

If you haven't heard of Cook Yourself Thin, you should check it out!  I fully agree with the concept - basically, they promote that you shouldn't say I can't eat cake or pizza or whatever food you love because I am trying to eat healthy or lose weight.  There are ways to remake a recipe so that you can still enjoy your favorite foods, but cut calories and fat from the original recipe.  There is a TV show and cookbooks, but you can click here for a large collection of their recipes.

For the kiddos, I really love Weelicious.  Go check it out and I think you will love it, too!  It has tons of kid-friendly recipes, but I think you and your hubby would enjoy many of them as well.  The recipes are also mom-friendly - her latest posts are a 5-in-1 series that shows you 5 ways to serve one main meal, so you can use your leftovers in creative ways!

For the itty-bitties in your life, I would recommend Wholesome Baby Food.   This site was very valuable to me when I was making baby food for the boys, so I'll be revisiting it before too long for baby girl.  It has recipes for purees, provides guidelines as to what foods to introduce at what age and how much, and suggested meal plans for those little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment